WJYS Covid-19 Guidelines
WEST JORDAN YOUTH SOCCER COVID-19 GUIDELINES
- Coaches will check players for symptoms before each meeting, gathering, practice or competition. This can be accomplished by asking each parent if their child is showing symptoms of COVID-19 and observing symptoms in players.
- Stay home from all activities if:
- You have any symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever or chills, fatigue, aches, difficulty breathing, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea)
- You have been around anyone with COVID-19
- You have tested positive for COVID-19
- Face coverings will be mandated as follows:
- Face coverings are not only intended to protect the wearer, but to also protect people around the wearer (who may not have any symptoms of illness).
- Face coverings may be challenging to wear while actively playing. Coaches, board members, officials, parents and spectators will wear masks at games and practices and players should wear masks when not actually playing. Health exemptions can be made on case by case basis. Coaches, board members, and players will be provided a face mask provided by WJYS.
- Wearing face coverings is most important when the physical distance is difficult, such as while on the bench. Players on bench will be spaced 6 feet apart and wear a mask.
- Face masks should be worn by all coaches, players, parents, and spectators, before and after each game, while moving from and to the parking lot.
- Encourage thorough and frequent hand washing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol. Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the soccer complex.
- Do not allow spitting and encourage everyone to cover their coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of their elbow.
- Coaches, players, parents, and spectators are not to arrive at their field more than 10 minutes prior to the start time to help ensure social distancing.
- Parents and spectators will practice social distancing by sitting at least 6 feet from other spectators.
- Families are limited to two spectators per player. League players will not count towards these two spectators.
- No treats distributed at games. Parents are encouraged to bring treats for their own children.
- Parents are not to attend practices. Parents are to remain in car or in parking lot.